NIKON RULES. Okay, now that we have that settled we can continue. haha Just kidding 😉
Nikon or Canon? 70-200 or 85mm? Nikon brand or off brand flash? SO many choice and decisions to make! I’ll tell you one thing, though. Every photographer is different. When it comes to lenses, camera bodies, flashes, memory cards, etc we all prefer different brands, accessories, and capabilities. I can only speak for myself as to what I use and why I use what I use, so this is a list of everything that I typically bring with me on a wedding day (some things not pictured).
– Nikon D750 (main)- this is my new baby. I freaking love this thing. My favorite feature on this has to be the LCD screen that pulls out and has a live camera view so I can shoot up over my head easily during reception dancing.
– Nikon D700 (backup)- this is an amazing camera! I have this as my backup simply because it’s much heavier than my D750 and because the ISO capability is not quite as good as the D750.
– Nikon 28mm (My wide angle lens. I use this for room shots, table shots, cocktail hour shots, and large family group shots)
– Nikon 50mm (Honestly, this used to my favorite lens when I first started photography, but now, it just sits in my bag. I never use it anymore)
– Nikon 60mm (My macro lens. I use this for almost everything! It’s great for getting ready images, detail shots, ring shots, portraits, ceremony photos, and dancing photos! This and the 70-200 are almost always on my camera)
– Nikon 70-200mm (My work horse. I use this about 50% of the wedding day. My hands and wrists hate me because of it, but I love the compression it gives my images. I use it mostly for the ceremony, bride and groom portraits, and the reception)
– Nikon SB-900 (I use this nearly every single wedding. I prefer to use no flash if I can, but most receptions are low lit and it requires this bad boy.)
– Yongnuo YN560-II (This is a great flash as well! I don’t usually use it unless I have a two light set up, but I love it and it’s SO much less expensive than the Nikon brand flashes. I’ll be investing in a few more Yongnuo’s soon)
Batteries (I have multiple):
– EN-EL3e (for D700)
– EN-EL15 (for D750)
– Tenergy RCR123A 3.0V (for my radio poppers)
– Tons and tons of Duracell or Energizer AA batteries for my flashes
– Camera battery chargers
– Tons and tons of SD and CF memory cards (I use 8gb, 16gb, and sometimes 32 gb)
– Shootsac (to hold all my lenses, cards, extra batteries, flash, and other miscellaneous items)
– BlackRapid Strap
– Fiber cloths and Lenspen (to clean the lenses if needed)
– Wescott 5-in-1 reflector
– White shoot through umbrella
– Manfrotto light stand and umbrella bracket
What do you bring that I don’t have listed? I’m always discovering new and exciting equipment and accessories! I’d love to hear from you!