It’s that time of year when we look back on the past 12 months, reflect on our mistakes and our accomplishments, and count our blessings for what has been brought our way and for the people that have been put into our lives. I absolutely love to create goals for myself and then look back to see if I met my goals for the year. I recently purchased Lara Casey’s Powersheets and I’m so excited to have an organized way of keeping up with my goals, facing my fears, and making things happen!
Back in May, I wrote down goals for myself and in my business for the year. Let’s look back and see what I accomplished and what I have yet to accomplish! This will be fun!!
2015 (and near future) Goals:
Be featured in print – I was so honored to be featured in two magazines this past year! 1. Thoughtfully magazine for a hair tutorial editorial shoot 2. Wedding Guide Chicago Magazine featured one of my amazing 2015 couples, Winna and Ernest, in the Just Wed section in the December issue! See it here! – Teach a workshop – COMING SO SOON!!! February 20th and 21st will be the first ENP workshop! Miss the announcement and want to know more details? Check it out!! – Secret Styled Shoot #1 (coming in June!)– Came and done! This epic masquerade wedding styled shoot was so much fun! It was a great success and was featured on Elizabeth Anne Designs. See it here! – Purchase another flash- Just purchased 2 more flashes as well as a battery pack! Can’t wait to play with my new gear! – Purchase a 28-70mm lens- I actually thought about not purchasing this lens after all. I am very partial to my prime lenses (minus the 70-200mm!) My next purchase will probably be the 85mm instead!
– Walk more with Charlie and stretch every day. (I’ve wanted to do this for YEARS now…about time I do it) – Yeah…uh… I did not do this.
– Join a gym or yoga studio. (I have broken so many bones. I really need to strengthen my body)- I’ve decided no on a gym. The yoga studios are amazing but too expensive, so I’ll just have to stick to my at-home yoga lol
– Print our Ireland trip album- Yay!!! I printed it and it’s fabulous! – Go on an anniversary trip (We’re thinking Lake Geneva this year!)- We did go to Lake Geneva and it was so much fun. It was great to spend some time relaxing in a new city, a new state, and just get away from our every day duties. We were upgraded to a junior suite (lucky us!) and given a complimentary bottle of champagne when we checked in. #winning – Start putting money in savings (Stop making excuses! Just save already!)- I actually just started an automatically withdrawal each month into a savings account. That way, I’m saving without even thinking about it! yay! – Have a 6 year anniversary session with Vince- our 5 year was SO much fun!! – We are going to get our photos made in Queenstown, New Zealand when we are there in March! I am BEYOND excited! – Go to New Zealand and Australia – YES! We are going in March!!!!!!
Maybe never (but hopefully someday) goals:
– Be featured on the cover of a magazine- Nope. Not yet!
Shoot for a large global company – I shot for VOGUE and La Perla!! So exciting! See that recap here!
– Teach at a large photography conference (like WPPI or something) ... yeah go ahead and laugh! lol – ONE of these days! It’s a huge, scary goal, but one I’d love to try and see if it could happen on down the road.
– Get off sodas completely and limit sugar intake to almost nothing. – I did get off sodas (regularly) but occasionally indulge in a coca cola. I still eat WAY too much sugar though. 🙁
My 2016 Goals
- Grow stronger in my faith.
- Spend more time with Vince and Charlie.
- Set business hours and stick to them! No more emails at 11pm! eek!
- Do 1, if not 2 workshops in 2016. I’m so excited about the first ever workshop happening in February!!
- Do at least 1 destination wedding this year (international would be cool!)
- Book the same amount of weddings as I did in 2015, if not more.
- Finally watch the online courses I purchased last year.
- Donate a percentage of my earnings to a charity of choice.
- Blog consistently (Going for MWF) and share more personal content.
- Create a (or a few) blog series for the year
- Get better at SEO
- Worry less.
What goals do you have for 2016? I’d love for you to share your goals, dreams, or accomplishments from 2015!
Remember: Goals aren’t big enough if they’re not scary!
In the words of Lara Casey…Go live a life with purpose! “You know all those things you’ve always want to do? You should go DO them.”